What with the A to Z challenge and Anzac Day posts, April was rather a serious month of blogging. A week or so ago, after a series of blog comments my genimate[i] Catherine and I reckoned we needed a bit of frivolity. Catherine posted the humorous Purple People Eater on her blog for light relief. This morning it occurred to me that what we need is a (hopefully) fun meme so here it is….drum roll.
The Merry Month of May Music Meme: a meme for your amusement.
Since the whole point of this is to have fun, retrieve memories and generally chill out (very 60s!), feel free to amend/add/subtract. I’m not even going to ask you to do the usual checklist of have done, want to do, don’t want to do. If you feel the urge, go ahead, you know how it works. And, geneabloggers, yes there is still family history value in this: give your descendants a laugh, let them get to know you with your hair down. Don’t forget, anyone can join in – it will make it much more fun.
I’ll be posting my responses later today and I’m even going to try to be spontaneous – first song/music that comes into my head. If you decide to join in please let me know via the links below (it’s supposed to be fun, so I’m not going to learn about linky-doo-dahs).
- Song(s)/Music from your childhood:
- Song(s)/ Musos from your teenage years:
- First live concert you attended:
- Songs your parents sang along to:
- Song(s)/Music your grandparents sang/played:
- Did your family have sing-a-longs at home or a neighbours:
- Did you have a musical instrument at home:
- What instruments do you play (if any):
- What instruments do you wish you could play:
- Do you/did you play in a band or orchestra:
- Do you/did you sing in a choir:
- Music you fell in love to/with or were married to:
- Romantic music memories:
- Favourite music genre(s):
- Favourite classical music:
- Favourite opera/light opera:
- Favourite musical:
- Favourite pop:
- Favourite world/ethnic:
- Favourite jazz:
- Favourite country or folk:
- Favourite movie/show musical:
- Favourite sounds tracks:
- What music do you like to dance to:
- What dances did you do as a teenager:
- Do you use music for caller ID on your mobile:
- What songs do you use for caller ID:
- What songs do your children like or listen to:
- Favourite live music concerts as an adult:
- Silly music memories from your family:
- Silliest song you can think of:
- Pet hate in music/singing:
- A song that captures family history for you:
- If you could only play 5 albums (assume no iPods or mp3) for the rest of your life, what would they be:
- Favourite artists (go ahead and list as many as you like):
I hope you have fun dredging up some memories and get into the spirit of a Merry Month of May.
[i] Term coined by Jill Ball of Geniaus.