Today I’m talking about blogs as part of the Seniors’ Month activities.
Different people tell me the very word “blog” makes their eyes cross and sends them to sleep. My goals for the talk are:
- Not to go blank when someone mentions blogs
- to be able to recognise one when you meet it
- not be afraid to interact with one.
Can I convince other family historians of these benefits of blogging?
- Learn new research strategies
- Cousin connections
- Regional history and information
- Get ideas for your own family history writing
- Build a network of good bloggers and be part of their support team
- News bulletins and information
Let’s hope I can persuade a few listeners to jump on the blogging magic carpet around the world, either as readers or writers.
How did the talk go? Not sure – there may be a few converts to reading blogs and one or two interested in writing them, but hopefully those who attended will at least feel they know more about what blogs actually are. Thanks to all those who came along to hear this talk, hosted by the Northern Territory Archives and the Genealogical Society of the Northern Territory.