Exciting news to hand from the Congress 2015 organisers…we are to have a Congress app which will contain all sorts of handy info making it easy to carry Congress content (and current) on your smart phone or tablet.
I used the RootsTech app when I was at Salt Lake and found it super-helpful so expect the Congress App is bound to keep me similarly ‘appy.
What content is expected to be included in the App? Here’s the interim list:
- Able to be navigated by day/session/room/speaker – with details and abstracts for each presentation.
- Your own list of selected sessions under a function called “My Program” which can be added to/amended throughout to enable you to keep on top of what you have planned to attend.
- A list of Sponsors, Supporters & Exhibitors (with links to their websites),
- Speakers (with links back to their presentations),
- Facilities (with information about transport, the exhibition hall and catering),
- Functions and About Congress 2015 (with an interactive Google map of the area & a downloadable floor map of the venue etc)
- Push functionality so any Congress messages can be sent out at short notice. eg next bus for the Dinner leaving at …
Delegate information will not be included so don’t forget you need to add your research interests on the website by using your Congress log-in. Have a scroll through the interests already added and see if anyone else is researching the same names or places.
Let’s get Appy for Congress 2015.